The satellite-supported monitoring system The satellite-supported monitoring system for small and medium-sized machines in selected European areas.
The system has proved to be invaluable in locations that are not readily accessible for service technicians and where the machines cannot be monitored by the owner. KOMTRAX also renders a very valuable service in connection with the recovery of stolen building machines.
Lower maintenance costs and a longer service life
Precise planning of maintenance operations
- Service technicians know what to expect locally
- Reduced downtimes and maintenance costs
- Longer service life of the machines
This is how KOMTRAX operates:
- Once installed on a Komatsu machine, the system will monitor all the significant operating and machine parameters, while a GPS satellite is used to indicate the machine’s location.
- The KOMTRAX system transmits the location and machine data to another satellite - namely the Orbcomm satellite.
- The Orbcomm satellite transmits the data to the data control center.
- The control center transmits the data via the Internet to a Komatsu data server which analyses and stores all data.
- The machine-specific data are then transmitted via the Intranet of the Komatsu dealers where the data are evaluated according to the client’s requirements and presented on a website.
The following data are displayed:
- Current machine location and its history
- Monthly operating hours
- Daily operating hours
- Fuel and cooling system filling levels
- Operating hours until next maintenance and the parts required for this purpose
- Machine faults and warning messages
Availability of the system
KOMTRAX can be used in Europe wherever it is possible to establish a link with Orbcomm satellites and where the necessary local server infrastructure exists. Contact us for further information on the new KOMTRAX system.
Click here to go to KOMTRAX Administration